Wednesday 4 November 2015

Another scan!

09/05/14 I had a check up on Tuesday and a scan on my chest my consultant said my chest wall has got worse - pain and slight swelling but all was ok yeh!! (i'm sure i didn't feel like it went that quick waiting for the result).

Woke up today with the good news my friend will possibly just need radiotherapy and tablets and they had got all the cancer out. Her words to me were "Andrea, i'm shell shocked - there was 2 tumours tucked under the scar tissue. Still waiting on the HER2 results but it's likely to be radio & hormone therapy! So relieved & sat having my nails put back on to celebrate so far so good xxx I can not put into words what your support has meant xxxx" The feeling of helping someone else no matter how small is amazing. I love the fact that she knows I am here for her.

I don't ever want to worry about sharing my experience and I know I have been able to take the possitives from it. Cancer = negativity to so many people and yes it is sad to loose someone dear to us because of it but it can also bring so many other things. I now have a real purpose to life and goodness me how I appreciate my family in a totally different way. Deep I know but true!

I put in my journal  More test result have come back clear which i'm relieved about. That's twice on one page I have made it sound so simple. I am now wondering if that is my way of dealing with the build up, waiting and then receiving of the results. It really is hell and not simple in anyway going through TESTS/RESULTS and receiving of the information...... Those of you who have gone through it, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment