Monday 9 November 2015

Cancer takes no prisoners!

09/11/15 I have been give the privilege of meeting some incredible people recently who have been going through some horrid times. They have taken me back to the time of hearing the news that I had cancer and not really knowing what that meant. Yes, I am very aware of the seriousness of my diagnosis and the treatment that I have had but for some people it continues. Just when you think you have got through it and can start to get on with your life then suddenly you are dealt the hand that it either hasn't gone or it has come back. That is why I know I am lucky and value where I am in my personal cancer life. Having the door closed and waved goodbye by the consultants and the nurses should in fact make you feel relieved and the party poppers should be out but that is far from how it feels and the reality of it is that you have to now live with 'will it come back?' and how will I know if it is back? Questions, Questions, Questions............

No comments:

Post a Comment