Monday 23 November 2015

My brother dies, my grandson was almost born and I have surgery!

23/11/15 What a week it has been! My amazing daughter went into early labour and stayed in hospital a week as my grandson would have been 6 weeks early. She is home now and trying to cope with the discomfort.... Whilst visiting her I had a message to say my eldest brother Michael was seriously ill in hospital so I popped across to visit him and 20 minutes later he died. All that I have been through, cancer, nursing dad then him dieing whilst I was having my treatment but this has really knocked me. It is just so sad that my big brother is no longer with us. I had the opportunity to tell him I loved him and see him but the emotions are so raw and unexpected. It was made even more difficult having to tell my mum her eldest son has died.

I have more surgery on Wednesday to finish off my reconstruction and what should be a celebration I feel might be very underwhelming under the circumstances. I hope this feeling of emotion subsides soon but time will be the thing to make a difference.

I can't express how much I am looking forward to my grandson being here. He will be able to feel the love in my heart, I will make sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment