Friday 23 October 2015

A proud son taking on a fathers role!

07/12/13 So, the wedding was so special everyone talked about the atmosphere and the love that was in the room. I have to admit I had some nerves only because I was emotional and missed dad but Jenna & John did me proud. Jenna booked a pamper day the day before for me & her such a special day and one I will always remember. John's speach was fantastic....

I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone for coming. I know it wouldn't have been the same without you:
I'M PROUD, the son taking on a fathers role, I know how proud my grandad would be seeing my mum happy afrter all she's been through.
How she's moving forward with her life and her future.
Because the hard parts behind her and now she can start to really enjoy her life again.
But, I bet he wouldn't have thought i'd be walking down the isle at twenty especially with a man waiting at the other end.
But, i'm very lucky, I know i'm lucky to have such good friends
You see,
I feel the people you surround yourself with make you the person you are
Not defining you in anyway but only bringing the best out in you
Because without anyone an without the bad timnes we wouldn't have the good times
Now, my mums always been there for me,
So i've been very lucky
I've literally known her for as long as I can remember
Telling her how much I love her before venturing into town
and
Always giving my back a rub when i'm hungover the next day
She's taught me so much, helping me become the person I am
We've always been there for each other
through hard times, and enjoying all the good times together aswell
But, when I moved out
I wasn't  always there to look after my little sister as much
But, now I don't have to be, you see all I want out of life is to be happy
To see my family and friends happy
and now to see my mum with Flash who she really loves, who makes her
truly happy
Who puts a smile on my little sisters face
and mine knowing he's looking after them both
Makes today one that i'll always remember, because I love my mum
and i'm proud to say it, I'M A PROUD SON TAKING ON A FATHERS ROLE.

PLEASE RAISE YOUR GLASS TO THE HAPPY COUPLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment