Tuesday 27 October 2015

Having someone to talk to who knows what it is like! I just want to worry about my lemon drizzle cake rising!

06/01/13 My friend who has always been there to support and educate me about cancer is so close to losing her life. I have spent some valuable nights with her chatting about life and facing death. She said she just doesn't want to be in pain. She  wants to fight to be here for Christmas but then in the next breath says, I go to sleep and wonder if I will wake up and think I don't care if I don't. She said that's how I want to go in my sleep and it be peaceful. She told me that when she had her terminal diagnosis  a weight was lifted and she didn't have to worry about it and she could just get on with it. I can appreciate that so much but I don't worry about it but I do think about it. It will be sad when she is gone not because of the cancer but because she is my friend.

Me talking this way doesn't mean I am defeated, i'm just saying. Cancer is so cruel and I know how loved ones feel, anger, pure anger.There have been so many developments over the years but it still seems to take the good people.

I have found that many people see the sick and bald person and understand that they must be having a difficult time having treatment for cancer but that is only the tip of the iceburge. My new friend who has been in the same position as me has told me "I just want to worry about my Lemon Drizzle cake rising"..........

No comments:

Post a Comment