Thursday 8 October 2015

Ouch!! It begins

I can't remember exactly when it was that I first noticed I had a sore breast (nipple). I remember saying it's sore but that was that, a couple of days later and it was fine.
Then there was a change, my nipple appeared inverted and I just thought I will keep an eye on that.
Before I knew it a work colleague was on the phone to a patient who was telling her to check her breasts as she recently was diagnosed with breast cancer. When she told me I said I had an inverted nipple and she said "get it checked" so I immediately phoned my doctors and got an appointment on Wednesday 22nd August 2012. At that appointment he said it is significantly different and there was at this point a 'mass', so the doctor sent an urgent referal to the breast clinic. A nurse called the next day and gave me an appointment at the clinic on Thursday 30th August 2012 @ 11am. waiting a week felt like a life time away so I asked my neighbour what will happen at a 3 hour appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment