Thursday 8 October 2015

The first few pages of my journal.

23/10/12 It's been some time since I picked this up again and what a lot has happened!!!! I have been diagnosed with stage 3 cancer so all of a sudden I am sitting my children down and telling them what is happening - I went to Jenna's (24 years) and phoned John (19 years) whilst I was there to tell him. The following Saturday I sat Elena down (9 years), Lisa, Sue, Jenna were with me, she cried and said "it's a bit sad" but soon was ok. That was so tough seeing the pain and fear in their eyes.

My first chemo was 1st October 2012 and like all of my appointments the waiting to see what happens is the hardest thing ever, but it was alright for 4 days then it kicked in. I had bad flu sypmptoms and terrible headaches but there was light at the end of the tunnel and I started to pick up. so much so I went into work and that was great.

So 22/10/15 I had my second course of chemo and it begins again. At my 1st treatment I was told I would lose my hair before my second course so although I had already cut my hair short I decided I wanted to shave it off, so began the big event! The head shaving fundraising event which was held on 13th October ' 12 and I was totally overwhelmed with the response and support. It really meant I wasn't doing this alone I had all my family & friends fighting this with me. We raised £1,125.00 on the day and it was so much fun although my closest family members all cried and found it very difficult, but then I had Callum & Charlie (my nephew & great nephew) who loved shaving my head and with the whole family helping I finally got there and love being bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment