Friday 9 October 2015

Wiggle your toes and cough

11/02/13 Surgery on 6th february 2013 mastectomy in Kendal. I became very emotional leading up to the surgery because I didn't know how I was going to feel afterwards. I wondered if this is what would tip me over the edge. My sister Sue heard me and Flash laughing at Sarah Millican and she said that is was lovely hearing us :)

We got to Kendal in plenty of time and I was first on the list so by the time they booked me in and did all their checks I was ready for surgery. Oh how they struggled to find a vein to put me to sleep, they even tried to put it in my neck with no success. It all happened so fast and before I knew it I was in recovery with a male nurse giving me oxygen and asking if I was ok. When I got back to my room Flash and Sue were waiting for me and I was so glad. I was still groggy and I remember looking at my chest and feeling relieved. My fears hadn't come true, thank goodness.

I stayed in hospital till the Friday and Jason came to pick me up and take me home with my horrible drains. One of them was taken out on Sunday and I was overwhelmed with emotion. Audra (my twin sister) was with me and it hurt and all my tears just came flooding out. I was emotionally and physically exhausted. The nurse was coming again today Monday 11th february 2013 to take out the second drain and I had a bad night worrying about it but Flash stayed at home with me. Jason and his mum Jean came to see me and Jean told me to cough and wiggle my toes and thankfully I didn't feel a thing and I have never felt relief like it. I am hoping I can sleep better tonight, the only thing is Flash is doing a night shift at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment